Because of an email issue in Outseta, we're delaying the migration until it's resolved and we can do our final setup and testing. We'll keep you posted on that, but for now:
- Momentum is up and running, and you can use it as you normally do.
- You’ll use your current username/email and password to log into Momentum.
- We don’t expect any additional downtime for the app as we shift things over to the new service (if there is, it'll be quick enough you likely won’t even notice).
- As soon as everything is ready to go, we’ll send out another email with all of the details about logging in, updating your password, and accessing Momentum (and all the new features from Momentum’s integration with Outseta).
That’s all for now. We’re sorry about the delay, but we don’t expect it to affect your use of Momentum while we get this issue worked out. The team and I appreciate your patience and understanding.
If you have any questions about any of this, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get right back to you.
I have some exciting news to share about some changes we’re making to Momentum. More details below, but if you’re pressed for time right now, here’s the TL;DR:
We’ll be taking Momentum offline February 4 and 5, 2023 to integrate Momentum with a new support tool called Outseta. Momentum will be back up and available Monday morning. You’ll receive another email from us then about the updates you’ll see, and any steps you need to take (like updating your password).
What’s Ouseta? Outseta is an all-in-one, behind-the-scenes tool that integrates with Momentum to offer features like:
- Smoother user signup/login/authentication
- A new user profile for easier, self-service updates to subscriptions, passwords, and more
- An integrated email service that will let us send more informative and more personalized emails based on how you use Momentum
- Help Desk that includes an easily searchable knowledge base, and support ticket feature to submit help requests, bug fixes, and feature suggestions
The Momentum development team is working to get Outseta fully integrated, so the interface will be seamless for you as a user. This weekend, they’ll be taking the last steps to connect everything and test it before we release it to you Monday morning.
On Monday morning, we’ll send you another email with specific details on any changes you’ll see when you log back in. This will include updating your Momentum password (we’ll send instructions on how to do that), and updating your user profile.
All other information, including payment method if you’ve entered one, will transfer over automatically and you won’t have to do anything there.
A quick note on financial data privacy: Outseta uses Stripe for billing, the same as what we’ve been using for Momentum billing all along. Outseta just adds an additional layer of features on top of Stripe that’ll allow you more control over your subscription, billing info, and so on. As always, no one on our teams will have access to your secure financial data.
While it seems like what we’re doing is just a backend switch, we actually consider it a part of the Momentum experience roadmap. We’re incorporating the feedback and experience woes you’ve shared with us so we can make using Momentum even better.
The Next Big Feature Additions
The next big things we’re working on are supporting recurring events in the app and an easier process to start projects in Momentum. Think project quickstarts, project planning views, and so on. We heard you, and these are on deck after the Outseta migration.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please reach out to email@example.com.
Thanks so much for all of your continued support and suggestions for making Momentum the app that best serves your personal planning needs.
Let’s keep building Momentum together.